tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Jconsole through firewall
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:07:07 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: Jconsole through firewall
>
> With the announced thing above, would I be able to monitor
> them with jconsole behind their respective firewalls, and
> if yes what would I need to do for that ?

Yes, the patch Mark T spoke of does exactly what we need, allowing use of pre-defined ports
for JConsole rather than the randomly allocated ones that JMX currently insists on.  However,
the change would have to be back-ported to 5.5, and I have no idea how difficult that would
be.

Is there any particular reason you're stuck on 5.5?

 - Chuck