tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: security-constraint outside web.xml
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 03:28:49 GMT
> From: Andre Rubin [mailto:andre.rubin@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: security-constraint outside web.xml
>
> I want to manage security completely outside my app (outside the war
> file), not just outside web.xml.

I was under the impression that you could store the configuration settings for SecurityFilter
anywhere you want, not just inside the webapp structure.  Chris Schultz works on SecurityFilter
and is a regular contributer to this list, so he may be able to answer more definitively;
however, this is a holiday week in the US, so it may be a while before he can comment.

 - Chuck