tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Re: Tomcat 6 unstable
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 03:25:54 GMT
> From: Jabali Acuatico [mailto:jabaliacuatico@yahoo.com.ar]
> Subject: Re: Re: Tomcat 6 unstable
>
> I added to this line the path to the db2 jdbc driver.
> The current sentence is this one:
> common.loader=${catalina.home}/lib,${catalina.home}/lib/*.jar,
> /opt/java/jdk/jre/lib/ext/*.jar

Don't do that - put it back the way it was.  The DB2 driver classes will be found properly
by the JVM's extensions class loader (for all intents and purposes, you can consider it part
of the bootstrap class loader).

> ┬┐Is this right or do I need to include "file:///"?

No, you don't need the "file:///" prefix; but in any case you don't want to change the loader
config at all.

> I did that because one of you recommend me to do that.  Why
> do you say careful? Is this a bad practice?

For normal running, use the startup.sh script; for easier debugging, use catalina.sh since
it runs Tomcat in the same window as the shell you're using and you can see any error messages
that might arise.

> Now I need to learn how to do a pooling of connections.

Read this:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

If you still have questions, ask.  Don't know how many people on the list are using Tomcat
with DB2, but there must be somebody...

 - Chuck