tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Monitoring Tomcat with Jconsole
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:16:05 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Monitoring Tomcat with Jconsole

./java "-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=11200
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.password.file=/mydir/
management.jmxremote.password"
  -Dpgm=STARXMLServer -jar "/home/star/xml/STARXMLServer.jar"

Remove the quotes; each -D setting must be a separate parameter, but you've lumped them all
into one.

> One think I noticed, is that on the server myhost, despite
> the daemon application being loaded without any apparent
> error messages, and being responsive to requests on its
> own port 11100, a netstat -an does not show any port 11200
> in a LISTEN state.
>
> I do not know at this stage if this is significant.

It is.  Without that port being in the listening state, you'll never get a JMX connection.

 - Chuck