tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Setup Logging for Tomcat 6
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:10:54 GMT
> From: dOE [mailto:doepain@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Setup Logging for Tomcat 6
>
> All I want is for my Tomcat 6 to spit out some logs, and be
> default it's not.

The phrase "spit out some logs" is pretty meaningless; what are you really trying to accomplish?
 By default, Tomcat's logs are in its logs directory, which usually contains several different
log streams (e.g., catalina, host-manager, localhost, manager).  You do not have to convert
Tomcat to use log4j; it logs its own actions properly right out of the box.

If you want your webapp to log things, that has to be done in the code of the webapp.

 - Chuck