tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.2 Configurations for JSESSION ID Cookie Append
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:50:42 GMT
> From: Jonathan Kushner [mailto:JKushner@npr.org]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat 5.5.2 Configurations for JSESSION ID Cookie Append
>
> I'm currently working on a Seamus Issue which disallows the
> user from operating on separate session namespaces within the
> same browser instance. For example, when a user instantiates
> a new tab and loads a separate story, the second story will
> overwrite the first since we have no measure to separate
> these separate tabular "sessions".

Sounds like you really need to be tracking the information via something other than a Session.
 Playing with JSESSIONID is a stop-gap at best, and likely not a full solution.  Perhaps you
can use some token embedded in each tab or web page as a key to a HashTable that tracks the
information you need.

 - Chuck