tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.2 Configurations for JSESSION ID Cookie Append
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:13:46 GMT
> From: Jonathan Kushner [mailto:JKushner@npr.org]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5.2 Configurations for JSESSION ID Cookie Append

If you're really running on 5.5.2, you need to move up - ASAP.  Lots and lots of fixes, including
security-related ones, have gone in since that version was released over four years ago.

> I'm working with a current session identity issue between
> separate browser instances, and have decided that the most
> plausible solution is to reconfigure tomcat to auto-append
> the JSESSION ID at the end of each URL.

You will at least need to disable cookies:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html%20Attributes

Beyond that, I'm not aware of any automatic way of appending JSESSIONID; your webapp has to
participate.  Look at this message for one such technique:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=117583468505179&w=2

 - Chuck