tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How do I configure server.xml for Tomcat to recognize my application directory?
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 04:47:36 GMT
> From: removeps-groups@yahoo.com [mailto:removeps-groups@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: How do I configure server.xml for Tomcat to
> recognize my application directory?
>
> Now there is only
> jakarta_service...log
> stderr...log
> stdout...log

Those are the logs created by the service wrapper (tomcat6.exe), not Tomcat itself; their
location is specified in the Logging tab of the tomcat6w.exe program.

What version of Windows are you using?  If it's some flavor of Vista, you could be running
into file access problems, but it's more likely that your logging config is bad.  What options
are shown in the Java tab of tomcat6w.exe?

> I tried creating a folder log at the same level as
> public_html -- ie. c:\log -- but it did not work.

Why would it?

> Incidentally, my log4j.properties specifies the log file as
> logs/MyFile.log, and that file is created in the
> ${catalina.home} folder.

Unless you have rebuilt Tomcat to use log4j, that could only apply to some webapp you have
deployed.

 - Chuck