tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: [JMX] org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager not serializable
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 20:17:50 GMT
> From: Emmanuel Soden [mailto:e.soden@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [JMX] org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager not serializable
>
> Using Tomcat 5.5.27 with JDK 1.5.0_11, I'm trying to retrieve
> the attribute "manager" from the MBean
> "Catalina:J2EEApplication=none,J2EEServer=none,
> j2eeType=WebModule,name=//localhost/".

I don't think there's any requirement for any app to guarantee that attributes are serializable,
and I suspect trying to make StandardManager so would create a host of issues inside Tomcat.

Perhaps you should try retrieving the attributes you're interested in from this JMX location
instead:
  "Catalina:type=Manager,path=/,host=localhost"
Its attributes are all retrievable, at least according to JConsole.

> when I try to retrieve an attribute like "managedResource"
> from the MBean "Catalina:host=localhost,type=Host"

>From a brief perusal of the 6.0 code (sorry, not the level you're using), there appears
to be extremely limited use of the "managedResource" attribute, despite its presence in most
of the MBeans.  Looks like in the vast majority of cases, the attribute is never set.

 - Chuck