tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Set application default
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 03:05:16 GMT
> From: WILLIAMer [mailto:william.tzeng@echannelopen.com.tw]
> Subject: Set application default
>
> I add <Context path="" docBase="Com" reloadable="true"
> crossContext="true" debug="0"/> in server.xml.

You really shouldn't do that - it's truly the lazy way out (i.e., one that will cost you more
time and energy later).

> I dont wanna change my application name to ROOT for this purpose.

Do you have any justification for not changing the name, which really is the right thing to
do?

"Don't wanna" is a child's excuse...

If you absolutely insist on not changing the name of your app's directory (or .war file),
then place it somewhere other than under your <Host> appBase directory (webapps, in
your case), and create a conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml file containing this <Context>
element:

<Context docBase="[location/of/default/app]" reloadable="true" crossContext="true" debug="0"/>

 - Chuck