tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:54:55 GMT
> From: keeplearning [mailto:p_sodhani@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
>
> I can get pid using ps -ef | grep tomcat.

Not likely.  Tomcat is a Java program, so unless something on the command line includes the
symbol "tomcat" (mine doesn't), that won't find it.  Again, using jps is much easier - no
grep required.

> What do i need to do restart tomcat?

I use the standard Tomcat scripts (startup.sh and shutdown.sh) to manipulate the Tomcat process,
and I always use a real Tomcat from tomcat.apache.org, not some 3rd-party repackaged version.
 If you're using the latter, you're on your own.

 - Chuck