tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2008 18:35:49 GMT
> From: keeplearning [mailto:p_sodhani@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Thread Dumps/ Emailing Results...
>
> 1) I tried using following to mail the file as attachment (we
> are also using MS Outlook):
>
> mail -s "Subject:test" ps@ps.com < test.log

That's using a Linux mailer, not Outlook; can't help you there.  From Outlook, I just insert
the file from the Linux box directly over an SMB connection.

> 2) We used jstack before but it was not that useful.

I'm curious: why do you find it "not that useful"?  It's the same output as kill -3, or more
if you use the -l option.

> nexec <server name> kill -3 <process id>

Sorry, I access our Linux boxes through putty from my Windows workstations; I've never used
nexec.

 - Chuck