tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ziggy <zigg...@gmail.com>
Subject context.xml in META-INF
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:17:22 GMT
Hi all,

I have the following datasource definition in my /META-INF/context.xml

<Resource name="jdbc/testdb" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
              url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.10.10.10:1521:testdb"
              username="testuser" password="testuser" maxActive="20"
maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1"/>

For some reason the above does not work when i deploy the .war file.
It does however work if i rename the context.xml file into
[applicationname].xml and put it into $TOMCAT_HOME/catalina/localhost/

Does anyone know why it doesnt work if in app/META-INF/context.xml?

I am using tomcat 5.5

Thanks