tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm - mapping LDAP group to security role
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:18:43 GMT
>> I am trying to configure a JNDIRealm to authenticate against an Active
>> Directory.
>> The authentication seems to work but I wonder how to map LDAP groups
>> to security roles.
>> I do not want to add groups in the LDAP server, but to map existing
>> ones to the roles defined in my web application instead.
>> Is it possible ? I did not found any doc / post about this topic.

You could write a custom JNDIRealm that does the
mapping/authentication.  I've seen this done with postgres, but not
with an LDAP server (or AD), but it should be a similar process.  Then
you add it to tomca/lib and configure your context and web.xml to use
the custom JNDIRealm instead of the provided realm

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message