tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm - mapping LDAP group to security role
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 13:18:43 GMT
>> I am trying to configure a JNDIRealm to authenticate against an Active
>> Directory.
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html#JNDIRealm
>>
>> The authentication seems to work but I wonder how to map LDAP groups
>> to security roles.
>> I do not want to add groups in the LDAP server, but to map existing
>> ones to the roles defined in my web application instead.
>>
>> Is it possible ? I did not found any doc / post about this topic.

You could write a custom JNDIRealm that does the
mapping/authentication.  I've seen this done with postgres, but not
with an LDAP server (or AD), but it should be a similar process.  Then
you add it to tomca/lib and configure your context and web.xml to use
the custom JNDIRealm instead of the provided realm

Kev