tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Possible causes of connection timeouts?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 07:12:34 GMT
    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"

One thing I have found is that when I set

i.e different to the connectionTimeout

The delay then becomes 30 seconds and not 20s as it would default to with
just connectionTimeout set to 20000.
I think this means I am seeing issues with new requests for pages/items on
a page rather than issues mid serving of a page.

Gary Johnstone
PLM System Administrator
Cummins Turbo Technologies Ltd

             Martin Gainty
                                       Tomcat Users List
             21/10/2008 19:40          <>
             Tomcat Users List         RE: Possible causes of connection
             <users@tomcat.apa         timeouts?

what are the values of your server.xml connection timeout parameters?
The number of milliseconds this Connector will wait, after accepting a
connection, for the request URI line to be presented. The default value is
60000 (i.e. 60 seconds).
connectionLinger: The number of ms during which the sockets used by this
connector will linger when they are closed..-1 keeps the connection open
until socket read/write operation is complete
Allowed the servlet container to use a different longer connection timeout
while a servlet is being executed. Allows the servlet a longer amount of
time to complete execution or longer time during data upload
size of the socket buffer to be used for socket output buffering. -1
disables default is 9000 bytes

Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official
business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and
Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended
recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within
this transmission.