tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thangavel Sankaranarayanan <tsank...@in.ibm.com>
Subject JAVA_HOME is not found but tomcat is running. possible?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:28:29 GMT
Hi all ,

I have a tomcat 4.x version (Perhaps it is a old version ,it is in
production and we cant upgrade as of now).

It is running as a window service in Windows2000 server.
in the service icon i can find the  path to executable:

C:\Products\Apache Tomcat 4.1\bin\tomcat.exe

My doubt is ,does tomcat.exe needs JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME defined to run
tomcat in this case as we are not starting tomcat using Startup.bat or
Catalina.bat.

If so,In my system i couldn't find any environmental varible set for
JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME... i can find only CATALINA_OPTS in it.

It is also not defined in any of the .bat file as well...please help me on
this.thanks

Regards,
Thangavel Sankaranarayanan