tomcat-users mailing list archives

From gary.l.johnst...@cummins.com
Subject Possible causes of connection timeouts?
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:59:30 GMT

Hi,

I am having intermitent but far too frequent issues with connection
timeouts on a local tomcat server.

The server is on the local network and 9 times out of 10 the pages are
served up with no issues but now and then the connection is dropped and a
delay of connectionTimeout occurs until the server/client resume
communication. I do not want to drop the value of connectionTimeout too low
as this server will be accessed from around the globe.

What could be causing these timeouts?
Is there a way I can look into what is causing them?

Are there any specific settings I need on Solaris to run Tomcat correctly?

After plenty of googling and searching these lists on MARC I have not found
anything.

The server is running tomcat 6, java 1.6 on solaris 10.

Thanks

Gary Johnstone
PLM System Administrator
Cummins Turbo Technologies Ltd