tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Support
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:37:59 GMT

java jar bootstrap.jar works fine for me..

is there ANY possible workaround to this daemon bug?

Thanks,
Martin Gainty
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

> Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:10:00 +0100
> From: markt@apache.org
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Support
>
> Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
> > The msvcr71.dll file (not msvci70.dll, whatever that is) is required to run the
Tomcat service launcher, but not needed when Tomcat is run via scripts.

> > The reason it didn't show up on JRE/JDK 5 is because installation of that JVM version
slams a copy of the DLL into C:\windows\system32, regardless of what impact that might have
on the system.  JRE/JDK 6 installation follows the rules published by Microsoft, and keeps
the DLL in the JVM's bin directory.

> > Tomcat should be distributing the DLL (or otherwise insuring its availability) during
installation or setup of the Windows service; however, no one's been able to convince the
committers of that yet.