tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Michał Bidecki" <michal.bide...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with call servlet by /servlet/ExampleServlet
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:01:10 GMT
Hi,

i have a little problem, maybe you can help me.

I use tomcat 6.0.18 and i've defined ExampleServlet in my web.xml like

<servlet>
	<servlet-name>ExampleServlet</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>my.servlets.ExampleServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

I use invoker for this of course (uncommented in tomcat web.xml)

When i call it by: /servlet/ExampleServlet everything is ok it always
works fine.
But when i call it by /servlet//ExampleServlet sometimes it works
sometimes not and i don't know why it works that way.

That's the problem could You help mi with this.

Thanks for your help.

I've requests in my application by // (two slahes) and want to react
on this problem.

In logs i have:
Sep 15, 2008 5:31:10 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
SEVERE: invoker: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path
/servlet//ExampleServlet
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class or a
class it depends on
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1102)

--
Regards,
Michał 'Boban' Bidecki