tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Maik Schumacher" <>
Subject Changing the ROOT application in Tomcat 6.0.18 on Linux
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:37:18 GMT
Hi all,

I want to change the ROOT application on Tomcat 6 without renaming my Web
application to ROOT.

I have successfully changed the ROOT application on a Windows XP System
using Tomcat 6.0.18. However, using Tomcat 6.0.18 on OpenSuse Linux 10.3
does not work...

I performed the following steps on Windows where I have a Web application
called "testweb" in the <tomcat>\webapps directory.

1) Created new directory structure <tomat>\conf\Catalina\localhost

2) Create a new File ROOT.xml in this new direcotry with this content:

   <Context path="testweb" reloadable="true"/>

3) Started Tomcat and browse to http://localhost:8080

    I can see the content of my application testweb

Doing the same on Linux does not work. The ROOT application then is always
rendered, instead of the testweb applications.

Am I missing here something or do I something wrong here?

I appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.