tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jérôme Delattre" <jer...@delattre.org>
Subject Re: Transaction manager
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:01:44 GMT
Thanks Martin, but I want to be more "generic" in my
applicationContext.xml, and just look up for the TM like this:

<tx:jta-transaction-manager/>

I finally followed this doc:
http://www.atomikos.com/Documentation/Tomcat55Integration33
I just had to add commons-logging to be able to integrate in Tomcat 6.

Spring is warning because it does not find the Transaction Manager,
only User Transaction:

"[WARN] org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager - No
JTA TransactionManager found: transaction suspension and
synchronization with existing JTA transactions not available"

But I'm not using REQUIRES_NEW or NOT_SUPPORTED so it should not be a problem.

Jerome

2008/10/16 Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>:

> take a look at this setup for atomikosTransactionManager as a ref for org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager
'transactionManager'

>    <bean id="atomikosTransactionManager" class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionManager"
init-method="init" destroy-method="close">
>    </bean>
>
>    <bean id="atomikosUserTransaction" class="com.atomikos.icatch.jta.UserTransactionImp"
/>

>    <bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.transaction.jta.JtaTransactionManager">
>        <property name="transactionSynchronizationName" value="SYNCHRONIZATION_ON_ACTUAL_TRANSACTION"/>
>    </bean>
>
> http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=38266
>
> let me know..
> Martin
> Disclaimer and confidentiality note
> Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender.
within this transmission.