tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jérôme Delattre" <jer...@delattre.org>
Subject Transaction manager
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:49:16 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for a standalone transaction manager for Tomcat.

I tried JOTM but there's some blocker bugs in XAPool and the
datasource implementation, moreover no new release for 3 years is
scary :-)
JBossTM works fine but it's under LGPL and unfortunatly I can't use
it, too bad :-(
Atomikos would be ok but I did not manage to configure it with Spring
(the lookup for JTATransactionManager fails: No JTA ... found ..., and
I don't wan't to tweak my applicationContext.xml with specific things
as it should work in some other servers).
I don't know if Geronimo provides a standalone TM that I could use in
Tomcat, it seems to but I did not found any clear doc / post.

Which TM are using with Tomcat?

Thanks,
Jerome