tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jérôme Delattre" <>
Subject Re: JNDIRealm - mapping LDAP group to security role
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:45:15 GMT
2008/10/8 Caldarale, Charles R <>
> > From: Felix Schumacher []
> > Subject: Re: JNDIRealm - mapping LDAP group to security role
> >
> > have you thought about adding an extra attribute to the
> > groups, so that the mapping is done by a normal ldap query?
> Even that's not necessary.  The servlet security model already has a built-in mapping
capability (<security-role-ref>) that can be used to convert LDAP or other database
values to the roles declared in the web.xml file.
>  - Chuck

<security-role-ref> is a servlet attribute.
What should I do with it? add the same <security-role-ref> for each
LDAP group to all my Servlets? sound strange...
And what happens if I call request.isUserInRole(myLDAPGroup) anywhere
outside a declared Servlet?

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: