tomcat-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: Sticky Session AND session duplication?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:09:47 GMT

On Oct 30, 2008, at 6:58 PM, Greg Dick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that for typical web applications one of these approaches is
> generally enough to achieve load balancing across nodes in a
> cluster, but we here with an ICEfaces application would find it
> useful to do both. Session duplication to ensure the spreading
> around of session information, and sticky sessions to ensure all the
> blocking web connections from a single user get directed to the same
> node, until that node fails. An asynchronous ICEfaces application
> can have two connections to a server from a browser at the same time
> and it wont do to have these load balanced to separate nodes of the
> cluster.
> Various sorts of documentation hint that these operations are
> mutually exclusive and we have found that it doesn't work in
> practice but we just wanted to find if someone could either confirm
> that this is not supported, or that we have our configuration wrong/
> understanding botched, or something.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Greg

Do You have something like this in Your workers.properties file ??

<snip>
worker.node1.sticky_session = True
worker.node2.sticky_session = True
worker.node3.sticky_session = True
worker.node4.sticky_session = True

worker.node1.sticky_session_force = False
worker.node2.sticky_session_force = False
worker.node3.sticky_session_force = False
worker.node4.sticky_session_force = False
<snap>