tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can i compile .tag files on the fly? please help :(
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:05:23 GMT
On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 10:17 AM, LoopInfinitum <jmarnell@emusic.com> wrote:

> haven't tried yet... i've never used jasper

Nor have I, directly :-)  I meant, "why don't you just change a test
.tag file and see what happens?"  Would have taken less time...

> so this means you edit a .tag file, hit refresh in your web-browser, and you
> see the change?  that would be great and exactly what i want to happen.

Yes.

> what version of tomcat are you running?

6.0.x

> any ideas where you configure this  type of behavior?

I believe it's controlled by the "development" parameter to the JSP
servlet -- see the $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml -- default setting
is "true", so no action necessary unless you've changed that.

HTH,