tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 09:20:18 GMT
Hisham Farahat wrote:
>  Dear All,
> I have a problem with my web application. I configured tomcat 6.0 to
> authenticate users through Realm ( LDAP), it connects to an active directory
> server. Everything seems OK, but sometimes the connection could not be
> established ( Connection refused ) and it continues with this state for ~ 10
> minutes. Stopping and starting tomcat again won't affect anything, I should
> restart the machine so that users can access the web application normally (
> or just wait for 10 minutes). How can I solve this problem?
> Regards,

As someone else asked, you need to provide some additional details, such
as :
- is this Tomcat running on your workstation ? else on what ?

With only the explanation above, I would guess that the LDAP server
somehow (maybe after a few unsuccesful attempts with bad passwords ?),
puts your Tomcat server on some blacklist, and refuses connections from it.
Maybe when you reboot the machine, it gets a different IP address and is
thus no longer on the blacklist at first ?

It does not sound like a specific Tomcat issue though.