tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander 'boesi' Bösecke <boesi.j...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Changing from a self signed to an official certificate
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 12:23:11 GMT
Mark Thomas schrieb:
> Alexander 'boesi' Bösecke wrote:
>> When I restore the .keystore with the self signed certificate it works
>> again. So what am I missing or doing wrong?
> You log file shows you are using the APR/native connector. That won't work
> with JKS. See http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

So I either have to delete the tcnative-1.dll from my Tomcat directory
or change the connector in my sever.xml to
     acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
     SSLCertificateFile="Path/to/the/certificate text file"
     SSLCertificateKeyFile="Path/to/the/privateKey text file"/>
?

But unfortunately neither of them work.
I've attached 2 log files, one for the case "Deleting the native dll and
using the keystore" and one for "using OpenSSL with the native dll". In
both cases the result is the same as before.

In the 2nd case I used the original files I got from my provider. Should
I be worried that I don't have a pass phrase for the private key?

> Also, http://www.geotrust.com/resources/install/jakarta_tomcat.htm is very,
> very out of date.

Well maybe somebody should tell them someday ;)

cu boesi