tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Change logs directory on Tomcat 5.5.26
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:14:59 GMT
Philippe Couas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want change logs directory on Tomcat 5.5.26 ?
> I have tried without succes following command ?
> Where is my mistake
> Regards
> Philippe
>
> <Context path="/test" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossCont
> ext="true" allowLinking="true" caseSensitive="false">
>
> <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
> prefix="localhost_info
> dev_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true" directory="/var/tomcat/logs"/>
>
> </Context>

Hi Philippe.
I am sorry to say, the <Logger> element does not exist anymore in Tomcat
5.5.x or later.
Tomcat now uses "Common logging".
And you are probably in for a bit of fun..

First of all, I think you should let the list know on which system you
are running Tomcat, and where you got the Tomcat you are running.