tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Controlling the order of classloading.
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:37:22 GMT
Vinay Binny wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a situation where I need to control the order in which the webapp jar files(in
lib folder) are loaded by Tomcat. Is there anyway to acheive this?
Sorry, no. You simply don't have that much control over the classloader in
a servlet container.

> To give you a background of the problem, I am using struts2 and Oracle's XSU in one of
our webapps. XSU has a tight dependency on its own XML parser xmlparserv2.jar, when I drop
this into the web-inf lib folder, struts2 picks the classes in this jar to do its xml parsing
chore instead of picking its own xml parser, and fails. If I could lazy load or load xmlparserv2.jar
after all struts2 specific jars have been loaded I should be devoid of problems. Any suggestions?
You might be able to do this with an OSGI compliant application server.

Mark