tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:02:37 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
> Pid wrote:
>> David Smith wrote:

>>> Google for the Darwin Awards.  It's awards for people who through their
>>> own stupidity remove themselves from the gene pool.
>>
>> Maybe there should be a Dawkins award, for people who successfully
>> removed bad ideas from the meme pool.
>>
>> (you may groan, ... /now/)
>>
> Considering what is happening in the world at large, I don't think that
> such an award could be attributed annually though, nor with any kind of
> regularity. Considering how easily they spread and how difficult they
> are to eradicate, it would even seem that bad ideas procure some kind of
> selective advantage (an increase in fertility for example).

See, there is another one, from another thread further down :
quote
The problem was introduced, because in order to allow paths with spaces
in them, a lot of quotation marks were added to the startup script, and
that's what made the difference.
unquote

Aiming at the Dawkins Award thus, I am thinking of starting a parallel
Tomcat distribution called the "ProgramFiles/TheApacheFoundation/Tomcat"
distribution.