tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:50:01 GMT
Pid wrote:
> David Smith wrote:
>> André Warnier wrote:
>>> ... for that Microsoft should be awarded the opposite of the

>>> Now, call me thick, but that one I don't get.
>>>

>> Google for the Darwin Awards.  It's awards for people who through their
>> own stupidity remove themselves from the gene pool.
>
> Maybe there should be a Dawkins award, for people who successfully
> removed bad ideas from the meme pool.
>
> (you may groan, ... /now/)

Considering what is happening in the world at large, I don't think that
such an award could be attributed annually though, nor with any kind of
regularity. Considering how easily they spread and how difficult they
are to eradicate, it would even seem that bad ideas procure some kind of
selective advantage (an increase in fertility for example).