tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2008 20:45:30 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: IceManPat [mailto:patrickstudy@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Why can NOT run Tomcat on my Laptop
>>
>> C:\>set JAVA_HOME =D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07
>
> The problem is you have a space before the equals sign; that makes the environment variable
"JAVA_HOME " (note the trailing space), rather than "JAVA_HOME".  Take the space out.

> Despite Martin G's dire warning, spaces in the value of JAVA_HOME are not a problem;
spaces at the end of the environment variable name are.

Allowing spaces in directory and file names was a nutty idea which
has cost more over time than the Iraq war and current financial debacle
combined.  It should be re-regulated.