tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat and apache and jk_mod HowTo
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:18:38 GMT
Tim Potter wrote:
>> the way you have it configured.. test.jsp would only render if implemented
> =
>> in the 'ROOT' webapp of TC
>>
>> I would suggest implementing a test webapp where the exact physical
> location of test.jsp would be
>> $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/test/test.jsp
>>
>> Regards/
>> Martin
>
> Ok, that works fine, however that does not solve the problem I originally
> had, which is getting jsp scripting support in the home directories of the
> users on the same port as apache.
And your users are all nice guys, right ?

> Essentially like php5 does with apache, being tranparent to the viewer.

I'm not sure Tomcat is really designed for that kind of thing.
(But I'm willing to be surprised).

I can kind of imagine a forest of JkMount's on the Apache side, and a
corresponding forest of webapp dirs on the Tomcat side.
Or maybe, using a <LocationMatch ..> under Apache, with a SetHandler in
it for mod_jk woule make this easier.
And then this under Tomcat :
http://www.tuckey.org/urlrewrite/

But I'm sure someone will come up with an easier way, and probably with
a lot of "don't"s, because...