tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Basic Tribes Questions
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 19:09:05 GMT
catalina-tribes.jar

it depends on

tomcat-juli.jar

both of them are in the binary distribution for Tomcat

Filip

Mike Wannamaker wrote:
> Cool,
>
> Is there a repository to just get the tribes jar or just the tribes source without having
to get all of tomcat to get it?

> Like a SVN or CVS repository I could get the fix from and build myself?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

list, I see two DISAPPEARED messages?

>> Without TcpFailureDetector:
>>
>> 	1) Start Server #1, then #2
>> 	2) Unplug #2 network
>> 	3) On #1 - #2 DISAPPEARED, on #2 - #1 DISAPPEARED
>> 	4) Reconnect #2 to network, on #1 - #2 SHUTDOWN;#2 ADDED, on #2 - #1 ADDED
>>
>> Add TcpFailureDetector
>>
>> 	1) Start Server #1, #2
>> 	2) Unplug #2 network
>> 	3) On #1 - #2 DISAPPEARED;#2 DISAPPEARED, on #2 - #1 DISAPPEARED;#1 DISAPPEARED
>> 	4) Reconnect #2 to network, on #1 - #2 SHUTDOWN;#2 ADDED, on #2 - #1 ADDED
>>
>> I take it I get the 2 DISAPPEARED messages because I have another interceptor, but
is this the correct behaviour?

>> TIA
>> Mike

while stepping thru code, I get DISAPPEARED/ADDED messages over and over on the other server?
 I would think the heartbeat is running in a separate thread for both send/receive?  How to
solve this, bump the heartbeat timeout?

>>> TIA
>>> Mike

String.valueOf(_mainPort));

>>> not sure what you are trying to do in the code below. if you wanna set
>>> the port, then simply do it.
>>> the membership will pick it up automatically

String.valueOf(_ancillaryPort));
does not read value for "tcpListenPort" from properties.

#2 network cable, Server #1 gets the DISAPPEARED message but Server #2 just keeps logging
the message below.  As I write this it's at attempt #120.  How do I get this to notify on
Server #2 that Server #1 has DISAPPEARED or can I set the number of attempts to a maximum
number before notifying?

>>> the message you are getting is cause the membership tries to recover.
>>> you can limit this, by doing
>>> setRecoveryEnabled(true|false);
>>> setRecoveryCounter(nr-of-times-to-try-recover)
>>>
>>> also, you haven't added in the TCP failure detector, which adds one more
>>> layer of protection
>>> see it in this default configuration
>>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/cluster-howto.html
>>>
>>> you should still get the member disappeared error (eventually after the
>>> timeout), if you can supply a simple test case, I can try it out over here.
>>>
>>> best
>>> Filip

cause: Keep alive socket closed[An existing connection was 	forcibly closed by the remote
host].