tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: cannot seem to see deployed application
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:27:34 GMT
cooper5114:

> So in trying to figure out what was going on, i edited the
> webapps/ROOT/index.jsp page to verify that it would change. It didn't. So i
> figured it must be cached, so i killed my browser, restarted. No change. I
> also deleted $CATALINA_HOME/work directory (which i believe is used for
> caching). No change

If you take a look at the web.xml of the default ROOT webapp that is
shipped with Tomcat, you'll see that /index.jsp is mapped to the
pre-compiled servlet that's generated from ROOT/index.jsp, not to the
JSP servlet that would compile it on access.
Therefore, what you observed is exactly what is to be expected and
doesn't help with tracking down the problem you have.

But that's just a side note.
To really get help with solving the problem, you should continue to
answer Mark's questions and follow his advice.

Regards
   mks