tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Deploying to a subfolder
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 08:25:31 GMT
McEahern, Mark S wrote:
> [...]

The short version:
1. install an svn client (I like tortoise svn)
2. Checkout
3. cd where/you/placed/the/checkout
4. ant download
5. ant
This gives you a local 6.0.18 build
6. use tortoise to merge revision 702208 from
(right-click on your checkout dir -> tortoise svn -> merge ->
7. ant
This gives you a local 6.0.18 build plus the patch

You can then do one of the following:
- just use this build
- use replace catalina.jar in 6.0.18 with the one you just built
- copy output\classes\org\apache\catalina\startup\ContextConfig.class to

I tend to do the last one so it is clear what is 'pure' 6.0.18 and what i
have changed.

More detail on building Tomcat:

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: