tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploying to a subfolder
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:08:42 GMT
McEahern, Mark S wrote:
> The log says:
>
> Oct 3, 2008 11:40:37 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
> resourcesStart
> SEVERE: Error starting static Resources
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base C:\Program
> Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\apps\myapp does not
> exist or is not a readable directory
That is the wrong docBase so the error makes sense but it should have been
converted to ...\apps#myapp

What is the error message when Tomcat starts and deployment fails.

This works for me, even with a space in the install path.

Are you sure you are using 6.0.18?

Also, is there a Context element defined anywhere for this web app and if
so, what is it?

Mark