tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 16:59:01 GMT
We have a winner!

The Windows file system is one of the few (the only one I can think of)
that's not case sensitive.  Unix, linux, bsd, macos, etc. , ... are all
case sensitive.  You should change the file name 'Context.xml' to
'context.xml' and check to be sure it stays that way as you build your
.war file.  After that you won't need to have testapp.xml in
conf/Catalina/localhost.  Also you might want to check all the places in
your webapp that references a file and be sure the names match in case
to what's on disk.

--David