tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabe Wong <gabri...@ngasi.com>
Subject Re: tomcat6 + proxy issues
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 04:58:35 GMT
Jeff try:

ProxyPass /app1 http://localhost:8080/app1
ProxyPassReverse /app1 http://localhost:8080/app1

and better yet if your have mod_proxy_ajp:
ProxyPass /app1 ajp://localhost:8009/app1
ProxyPassReverse /app1 ajp://localhost:8009/app1

Jeff D wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm having some issues with some apps I am running on my server. I'm
> running multiple apps in tomcat and serving up each of them through
> apache with mod_proxy.  Most of these are working great, but there are a
> few that don't seem to want to co-operate.  I currently have my proxies set
> up in this manner:
>
> ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/app1/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/app1/
>
> The problem seems to happen during POSTs , it seems to put /app1/ into the
> POST. For example, if I go to http://app1host/login , the post to the
> login becomes http://app1host/app1/login .  If I do the same on
> http://localhost:8080/app1/login , all works fine.
>
> I've also tried adding to the server.xml:
> <Connector port="8081" proxyPort="80" proxyName="app1host" />
>
> But, that ends up sending me in redirect loops.
>
> Anyone have any idea on how to solve this?
>
> thanks
> Jeff

Regards

Gabe Wong
NGASI AppServer Manager
JAVA AUTOMATION and SaaS Enablement for Cloud Computing
http://www.ngasi.com
NEW! FREE Developer account for Hosted version on Amazon EC2