tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Communicating between webapps
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:57:03 GMT
RMI, CORBA or (worst choice) SOAP.

Everything else, like using libs in shared/server folders etc are hacks :-)

Leon

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM, Darryl Pentz <djpentz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have an issue where webapp A needs to let webapp B know about an event, and then return
a response to webapp B's processing of that event to the browser. So basically I need to communicate
between webapps in the same container.

> I have not found a no-brainer solution to this as yet. The one I have tried is making
a localhost HTTP call which I find to be rather expensive, given that it requires creating
a socket connection to the same container.

> I also just encountered the 'crosscontext' attribute in the <context.../> block
and was wondering whether that could serve any purpose.