tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ken Bowen <kbo...@als.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat Connectors 1.2.27-dev-704800 available for testing.
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:27:24 GMT
Rainer,

The connectors FAQ  (http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/miscellaneous/faq.html
  )states:

mod_jk works well with Apache 2.2. You need a binary module compiled
for version 2.2 of the Apache web server. A binary compiled for
version 2.0 will not work.
Important parts of the functionality of mod_jk have been reimplemented
as Apache httpd modules mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer. These
are part of the standard distributoin of Apache 2.2. The new modules
do not contain all features of mod_jk, but you get them automatically
with every Apache 2.2.
Is there anywhere a description of what mod_jk does that is NOT done
by mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer?

Also, does this release imply a corresponding release of mod_jk?

Thanks,

Ken