tomcat-users mailing list archives

From forum123 <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Cluster and NFS mounted webapp
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:16:14 GMT

markt-2 wrote:
> Sharing the bin, common, server, shared and webapps directories is fine.
> Sharing conf could be OK if you are careful
> Sharing logs, temp and work is likely to cause problems.
> Did you look into using CATALINA_HOME/CATALINA_BASE?

Yes, we use CATALINA_HOME/CATALINA_BASE to have the Tomcat binaries
installed in a separate location while the current instance in another

How do I set so that just the "work" directory is different per instance?
There's probably a catalina variable for this?  Haven't found it...

I can write a small startup script that will determine the hostname and use
a different work (in the same CATALINA_BASE) directory but different name
like "work1" and "work2".  Each app server would get its own work directory.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message