tomcat-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naam...@plimus.com>
Subject RE: How to serve two docBases under the same context path
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:18:45 GMT

Theoretically, maybe, but in real-life heavy-duty production environments, I
believe using Apache as a front to Tomcat has advantages, in areas as
security, load-balancing, caching and scalability.
Furthermore, the production architecture is not the issue here, as I've
explained in my original post. The problem stems from the decision to
separate the web-app and static-content to two projects in SVN, and this is
due to the fact that different people maintain them.

Thanks anyway.