tomcat-users mailing list archives

From albrecht andrzejewski <albrecht.andrzejew...@ema.fr>
Subject Re: application deployment issue, Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:04:32 GMT

> Considering my own occasional sniping at Chuck here, it kills me to have
> to say this, but I don't want anyone to look falsely in the wrong
> direction maybe.  One particularity of this Tomcat 5.5 on platform B,
> compared to the others, is that it was set up via the standard Linux
> Debian package mechanism, which kinda puts links all over the place.

> The error below seems to indicate an error even opening the WAR file
> though, so I don't know if that can cause the problem we see.

> java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:203)

I'm not Chuck, and i'm not a tomcat expert, but according to your
server configuration and as far as i understand these 3 lines from
your log, java is looking to some native code to unzip the WAR file,
which is huffman's compressed (yes, war files can be unzipped).

I had recently to configure a Debian (etch) production server and i
had to manually install the "zip" and "unzip" debian package (only
gunzip was installed "out of the box"). (But anyway i choosed to
install tomcat from the official apache tomcat server, instead of the
Debian package - no time to check and compare their modifications to
the 100% original binary distribution.)

Regards,

--
Albrecht ANDRZEJEWSKI