tomcat-users mailing list archives

From colin_ <>
Subject Re: how to avoid multiple requests from the same client
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:50:21 GMT

thanks chris, this may bee what i've been looking for, since we do use user
sessions already.

we're running the site (with slight differences) on internet and intranet,
so we could tell our users to wait until response, but would be quite
difficult to tell our customers ;)
we're working on the performance in general too, but we would have to
decrease the functunality, to make it really performance friendly.
thank you all for your answers, have a nice day

Christopher Schultz-2 wrote:
> Colin, what is it that is taking so long in your page requests? Are your
> users being asked /not/ to re-load pages when they take a long time to
> load?
> Are you using user sessions in your application? If so, you could write
> a filter to store a token in the session during processing of a request.
> If you get another request and the session holds that token, you can
> refuse to process the (additional) request. Just be aware that you have
> to clean that token up eventually or else the user might get stuck until
> their session times out.
> - -chris

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: