tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@kjkoster.org>
Subject Re: problem in running Jconsole remotely --"Connection refused"
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 18:21:15 GMT
Dear Subhrajyoti,

>           I am facing problem in running Jconsole remotely . In my
> machine from where I am running Jconsole I have jdk1.6...I am trying
> connect to TOmcat6.0.18 running on a windows 2003 server
> machine(with JDK
> 1,5) ...I have a batch file with the following contents : When I
> execute
> the batch file Tomcat is starting okay. But when I am trying to run
> Jconsole to connect to the Tomcat , I am always getting a "connection
> refused " error. I think I have set up the parameters correctly here ?
> Apart from this all the .bat files that comses bundled with
> Tomcat6.0.18
> are kept same.  I can ping the server from my machine without any
> problem
> .

JConsole remotely is a problem. Recently I have started work on an on-
line monitoring tool that allows you to monitor memory and threads
without any firewall trickery.

If you register at http://java-monitor.com, you can download a small
WAR file (~35kB) that will collect the memory stats. Read more on http://java-monitor.com/install.html

Oh, it also does thread deadlock detection, but that's just a
freebie. ;-)
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin
Disraeli