tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shaun Senecal" <ssenecal.w...@gmail.com>
Subject useSendFile=true skips compression
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 05:36:46 GMT
Could someone explain to me why the NIO Connector will ignore the
compression settings for large files if useSendFile is enabled (it is by
default)?  It seems to me that if compression is enabled you would
specifically want to use it when sendFile is enabled, but that might just be
because I don't really understand what sendFile means/does :)

It looks like my solution is to simply disable this option, but I was
curious about why this is the case.  I am trying to deploy a large GWT app,
and I want to ensure that my massive JavaScript files get compressed before
being sent to the client.