tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "McEahern, Mark S" <mceah...@mail.slh.wisc.edu>
Subject Deploying to a subfolder
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:06:10 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 6.0.18.  I'd like to deploy an application to the
context; e.g.,

  /apps/myapp

Here's what I've tried:

1.  Rename the war file myapp.war --> apps#myapp.war.

2.  Copy apps#myapps.war to the webapps folder.

3.  Start Tomcat.

The app is running after the first time I start the service.  However,
on subsequent restarts (of Tomcat), the application is not running and
when I try to start it in the manager, I get this message:

  FAIL - Application at context path /apps/myapp could not be started

How do I deploy an application to a context of:

  /apps/myapp

Thanks,

Mark McEahern
Lead Architect
Division of Public Health Informatics and Surveillance
Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene