tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Session timeout problem in tomcat
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 15:10:11 GMT
> From: Thangavel Sankaranarayanan [mailto:tsankara@in.ibm.com]
> Subject: Session timeout problem in tomcat
>
> I need the sessiontimeout for 5 hours. I already set in by
> webapps/myapp/web.xml file as

Did you really put your web.xml file in that location?  If so, it will be ignored; the proper
place is:
  webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml
(and case matters).

> Eventhough i have set  session timeout of 300 minutes
> ,session is expiring after 30 mins

Seems to work for me on 6.0.18; I configured a sample webapp with the following:

    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>480</session-timeout>
    </session-config>

and /manager/sessions?path=/sample shows the following:

    OK - Session information for application at context path /sample
    Default maximum session inactive interval 480 minutes
    <8 minutes:1 sessions

Further experimentation by setting the default to 3 minutes and the one for /sample to 10
showed sessions expiring exactly at the desired times.  LambdaProbe (if you can find a copy)
is very useful for session monitoring.

> I'll will be thankful to them who responds me quickly as
> this is too urgent.

If it's so urgent, then perhaps you need to pay someone...

Telling us the version of Tomcat you're using wouldn't hurt, either.

 - Chuck