tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Timeout while stopping tomcat
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:44:09 GMT
> From: Thomas Manson [mailto:dev.mansonthomas@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Timeout while stopping tomcat
>
> If I want to build an link between my Apache2  and Tomcat 6,
> will I need the AJP connector ?

Yes.

> Also, which [ModJK/JK/JK2 or else] project is the correct to
> use with Tomcat 6 ?

The mod_jk2 package has been deprecated for several years, so don't even think about that.
 The mod_jk package is the current one; documentation is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

Unless you have a real need for putting httpd in front of Tomcat (and serving static content
doesn't qualify), you're better off without it from both performance and maintainability aspects.

 - Chuck